What is Cool?

The conferences are over.

I had a blast sharing my life with people from different parts of Eastern Europe and the States. Besides learning Russian, Romanian and Croatian phrases, I met interesting people with interesting stories. Some shared their lifestories of revolt against or escape from Communism. I learnt about the difficulties of Christian workers in some countries.

Perhaps what is cool is best summarised in the following:

1. Meeting Bono and wife and being their friend.

2. Meeting Steven Spielberg.

3. Having shared the same room with Rebecca St James.

4. Getting to know Kurt Cobain's relative.

5. Training alongside design directors of really huge magazine's internationally.


Ok, ok.. well the Bono and Spielberg is a little "out of the box". My close friend Benjamin looked like Bono. And Gary, whom I trained with bore resemblance to Spielberg. But yeah, my colleague here is really related to Kurt Cobain -- by marriage. Oh well, I just wanted to have some fun. Wish I could post images on this blog but am kinda sleepy.

Am in Austria now, after a long, long 12 hour drive from Croatia. We drove through Slovenia. The guards got a little suspicious with my passport at the Slovenian border. And even at the Austrian border, we had to wait a bit while they scrutinized my passport. Perhaps its because I grew my goatie again. Oh heck. I've got nothing to hide, besides unwashed laundry.

Have been getting all sorts of dreams. Wondering what God wants to say to me.

Oh, and I know some of you were bugging me about getting a Croatian wife. Well, sorry to dissapoint you - that did not happen. But interestingly, the conference participants felt the obligation to help me overcome my singlehood. Not one day went without the cheer for me to find a wife. There were lots of attractive people at the conference. Unfortunately, they were either married, over-aged or couldn't speak English. Then again, the language of love is universal... ha ha!

Croatian, Indian, African or Malaysian, the Lord leadeth in His own time.

At the moment, I'm maximising my life in the small and big ways. Tomorrow I'm gonna find my way into Vienna City. The challenge is to move around in a Deusch-labelled city. Most people only speak German. The Austrian-version of German, that is. The only German I know has to do with ordering a dish, getting the bill, saying thank you and good bye.

So wish me luck!

Comments

Chipmunkrock said…
did you eat the sausages?? they are fabulous!!i had them practically at every meal! oh and the "maroni" (i am not sure if they've started selling it at this time of the year)
Anonymous said…
Hey Kev! It's Jacqui all the way from the US!!! Great to hear you're having a great experience in Europe. Now, did you share the same room as Rebecca St James WHILE she was there???? :P
Anonymous said…
Hi Jacqui!

Great to hear from you...
he he ... it's a nice trip..

No lah, would I betray my Baptist roots and cohabitate? (Hmm... on second thought .. Ok, Kevin, snap out of it!!)

Rebecca St James slept in the same room before I moved in. Not too sure how long ago though. But cool, eh?
catshyte said…
hiyaz couz! it's the other link of the 26 yr olds.. anyways.. got a friend in austria hehe he's a thrill-seeker with a heart of gold.. lemme know if you wouldn't mind the meet-up.. hehe

was drinkin water when i read the "met speilberg n bono" part.. spat on my screen... *screen: thx, dude... i SOO needed that 2nd-hand-shower!*
Anonymous said…
haha "Deusch-labelled city" eh! Its spelt Deutsch my friend. Aber ich bin nichts gut mit meine deutche. Du bist der Man! Aufenthalt abk?hlen! Wieso, wie gehts? Es war sehr lang seit wir gesprochen :)

Popular Posts