To Write or to Write Off?

I just read a blog of an acquaintance. It felt heartwarming to know his thoughts, how he treats his wife, loves animals, and is an upright man.I know he enjoys life. This is something I would never have known just watching him move about in his daily life. A quiet man. 


What struck me was, his interest in blogging (he follows about 50 over blogs). His writing is candid and witty. He is deeply committed to journaling life as it goes by.

This is something I certainly miss doing. Writing. I'm not as creative a writer as I would like to be, but I do like expressing myself this way -- framing and sharing my thoughts on things.

I'm constantly battling the tyranny of the urgent and the important. Hardly having enough time to sit, think and type. Today's an exception because it's Wednesday. I'm normally off from work on Wednesdays. Some call it a 'sabbath'. I call it: 'off from work on Wednesday'.

But most of the time, I feel like I'm sliding down the narrow slope of the hourglass as time seeps through, and when all of it has passed me by, I'm going to get stuck in that hole.

If you have been following my blog, you would have balked at the strange amount of advertisements, music videos and random-non-writing-posts. That's because I was experimenting with ways to monetise my blog. Just felt this might be worth a try. Well, I'm still trying. It's whole new world for me. I've made only USD2.66. I will stick to my day job.

So my question is, should I continue writing or write off this blog as my personal platform to share thoughts?

After reading that acquaintances blog, I think I will resume writing. Even if there isn't an audience, somewhere... out there... somebody's going to either read my post or click on an ad on this blog.




Comments

Popular Posts