2016: A Rough Year

I have shirked from blogging. Many things have come up and I felt I needed time to process my thoughts. My time and focus have been robbed by other things and penning my thoughts here has taken a back seat.

This year is a rough one. I began the year heart-broken and drained. The girl I thought I was going to marry decided she wasn't sure anymore and left. It has taken several months for me to move on. It's never an easy journey to wade through a breakup (or divorce). But the only way to go is forward.

I'm in the midst of deciding on my career direction. Being 37, and having run my own business for the last 10 years (I've been working for the past 17 years now), this sounds like an anomaly. Why would I even be in this position? My business took a hit last year. Our cashflow faced a bottleneck. Prices from my suppliers soared (with the introduction of the Government Service Tax). Budgets from my clients shrunk. And in time, I wasn't able to garner the same kinds of jobs anymore.

So, I'm now at the drawing board, deciding on the next career move. Two potential job offers are in view. I'm taking the next couple of weeks to evaluate both options. I think I have lost touch with what I really want in life, or rather, how I want to contribute to life.

If I don't get derailed, I'll follow up with another blog post!

Kevin

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looking forward to your next post! :)

Popular Posts