Logged Out of Facebook for Security Reasons

The last thing I posted on Facebook was to encourage my old school friends to switch their profile pictures to the photo of my old school badge. This was a suggestion from an old classmate, whom of late, I've been working with to help our old alma mater with some fundraising work.


In the Facebook post, I tagged a whole bunch of old friends to consider switching the profile pics to this for a day (or week), in solidarity of the school's mission: to help the last, the least and the lost. I included the word 'movement' in my comment and description and so I'm guessing Facebook picked it up, disabled my account and is scrutinizing it over the next 72 hours.


So what do I say? On one hand, kudos for intercepting my plans on getting a movement started. I can see how this is helpful if that movement is meant for ill-gain. But on the other hand, I feel like I've been arrested without trial. Like, there's no bail set and I'm detained without a reason. In a sense, I'm enjoying not having to check Facebook for the next few days (but sadly miss out on viewing how many have changed the profile pictures). However I'm annoyed that this happened unexpectedly.

So, I have mixed feelings about this. Anyways, please continue the movement to help the last, the least and the lost. Sapienta et Caritas!

Kevin Rohan Thomas
SMK La Salle PJ
Batch of '96

Comments

Popular Posts