Good Day, 2007!

Happy New Year!

Before I run off to Old Town to buy fish food, I thought I'd steal some time to write my first post for the year. My year started well. I had my first meal this year at 1.40am - Ramlee Burger and a can of Nescafe. They say that what you do on the first day will reflect what you will be doing for the year. So I guess I will be eating burgers and downing coffee till 2008. So much for my resolution to burn fat this year.

This morning was encouraging. I had breakfast with my long time buddy (who was the lead singer of our debut band "Vision"). I'm glad he's serving God in his church in Australia along with his wife. Both are good friends from our teenage days. We had a great time growing up. And I'm looking forward to a brand new year in keeping in touch with them. Hopefully, if God wills, an air ticket to Perth will fall from heaven. We spent a short moment in prayer before saying goodbye. They're flying off this evening.

I'm positive that this year is pregnant with new experiences - trials and triumphs. I'm just reminded that each year we do the new years countdown, we draw closer to our departure from earth. Not to sound morbid, but the reality is we're living in an hour glass. And, we've got to make each moment count. So, I encourage you to make the best out of 2007.

Comments

Popular Posts