I'm Full of Bull

About 12 years ago, I stood still with my eyes closed tight in a warm sweat-filled room of Christian students as a pastor uttered some words of prophecy. Along with four others, I was getting installed as the new committee for La Salle PJ's Christian Union. As the new president of the fellowship, I was the first to be prayed for, and first for the young pastors to have a go with their prophetic visions from God.

God, spoke.

The pastor had a vision of a bull pulling a heavy cart. The cart was filled with many worries and concerns. I was the bull attached to the cart.

That Friday afternoon, I never imagined how my life would turn out. When I stroll memory lane, I can't help but realise that the cart on my back has indeed grown heavier. My life is a consistent story of surprises and let downs, of blessings and crowns that I never deserved. Losses have become a spicy ingredient in my half-baked life. But the good Lord upstairs has sprinkled many blessings on me for no reason, concocting the flavour that will one day turn out right.

In the last 12 years, I've lost a house, my dad, three friendships that I still hold dearly, my self esteem, my chances of going through university as a young adult, a sense of purpose, an indomitable desire to go any further, and the many disappointments that've come my way. In my cart are excess baggages, dumped by the different circumstances on my journey. Each day, the walk gets a little harder than before.

One day, the cart will give way. The baggages will fall off. The bull will find life a little lighter and run in the way it should've gone. One day, the bull will give way. The baggages remain. The cart topples over. The baggages fall off, and the cart remains empty.

Comments

John Wee said…
Hey Champ.

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

The chains are breaking. Jesus is coming. The Joy of the Lord is your strength. :)
-John Wee-

Popular Posts