You Know You're in Love When...

Some years ago, a colleague of mine gave a leadership talk to some youngsters in a secondary school in Penang. He began his talk by getting the students to complete the following sentence:

"You know you're in love when..."
I was supposed to do that talk in Methodist Boys' School Penang. But I couldn't because I was recovering from a break-up during that trip and had to relinquish several responsibilities (though I wonder how I manage to pull off the talk on Apologetics in Perlis!).
My colleague did a great job by drawing the connections between what we think love is to what is required of us when we lead others. Leaders who love God, lead well. When we have the wrong ideas of what it means to love, we cannot lead appropriately. I found that message helpful in recovering from that break-up.
Anyways, for the heck of it, I'm going to come up with a few suggestions to complete the statement above.
"You know you're in love when..."
...you can be silly and still be forgiven for it.
...you hear the honest truth, it hurts like hell, but it's ok.
...you know she may grow twice her size, get wrinkled all over and probably grow a beard, but you can still smile and say 'I love ya, babe'.
...you want your friends to know you're with him or her.
...things get rocky, you still want to go the extra mile.
...he buys you the wrong dress, but you say 'hey nice dress'.

Comments

Popular Posts