My Two Mandarin Oranges

Gong Xi Fa Cai. I had the best Mandarin Oranges at Club Seven on the eve of Chinese New Year. I got off early from work and decided to spend my precious hours playing pool.

So, my brother and I hopped over to Club Seven in Subang. In the mood of the festive, each player at the club were given a pair of complimentary mandarin oranges.

I wonder what the symbollism was. But heck, they tasted damn good.

By now, the balls, cues and table would bear the stench of sweet-smelling oranges, with sticky fingerprints and orange rind.

Pool's fun on CNY. I wonder if I'd get muruku during Deepavali.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mandarin oranges = 'kum' (in Canto), which sounds like the canto word for 'gold'. So giving the mandarins symbolises wealth.

Also much cheaper than actually giving real gold.
Anonymous said…
Plus, you can eat them.

Popular Posts