Please Disappear

Several months ago, I came across a friendster profile which caught my surprise. A Malaysian girl, wrote somewhere in her profile how she had sex with her father. That changed her life, as it created in her a desire for more. She advertised for those who shared similar interests with her (sexually related). Sadly, the quality of her life is reduced to sexually-garnished stories and cravings for 'intimate' friendships (seen in her testimonials).

Though I'd like to believe that such stories aren't really true, I figure that there's probably a lot that's going on in the households. And it's sad because the victims grow up with a distorted concept of love. Leaving them with a vaccum for true love, bonding and expression.

I wrote a song:



Disappear

Nursery rhymes and fairy tales
Those bedtime stories
when you gave me pony tails

I thought I knew love
when you bought me toys
But on that night I had no voice (to say)

Chorus:
Stop! Daddy turn away
Don't touch me now
You know I love you
But this is not how

Each time you walk near
I'm gripped with fear
I feel more secure
When you disappear

I wish I could go back into time
To erase what happened,
what was on your mind

What did I do that made it seem right?
'Cos You know you left a scar deep inside

Chorus:
Daddy turn away
Don't touch me now
You know I love you
But this is not how

Each time you walk near
I'm gripped with fear
I feel more secure
When you disappear

I've lost my only picture of love
I've lost more than what you took from me
I feel like a crippled dove
Your true love remains my mystery

***

Though I'd love for this song to be included in Soundtheology's repertoire, It'll be pretty weird if I sung it. Looking for lady vocalists.

Comments

catshyte said…
I don't mind guesting on this.. this is an issue close to my heart... no.. my dad's a SAINT!! But i've had too many friends who've been abused in this manner.. and everyday i read the papers about father's abusing their daughters.. i get mad.. and when i hear of how fathers rape their daughters.. i just wanna use a meat slicer on a monthly basis on them... not to mention cleaning immediately after such slicing with raw salt :D .. im sorry, sadistic as it seems.. thats all they seem fit for.
but our Lord is a merciful one... and He'd be nicer by a mile than i.. thank goodness...

Popular Posts